Hyperledger, an open source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry blockchain technologies, today announced a diverse line-up of eight new members, including Ethereum Foundation, Microsoft, Nornickel and Salesforce. Hyperledger also added a new identity infrastructure project that spotlights interoperability, cross-project development and broad community involvement.
Hyperledger is a multi-venture, multi-stakeholder effort hosted at the Linux Foundation that includes various enterprise blockchain and distributed ledger technologies. With the recent launch of Hyperledger Aries, there are now a total of 13 projects in the Hyperledger greenhouse. Ongoing efforts to continue fostering community development also drove the introduction of a sixth special interest group (SIG) focused on the supply chain industry as well as the kick off of the intensive, hands-on 2019 Summer Mentorship program.
“Our new members illustrate the breadth of organizations that see the value of contributing to the Hyperledger community,” said Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director, Hyperledger. “The mix of blue-chip technology companies, international organizations, logistics and manufacturing players and academia that have joined us from around the world show the widespread interest and investment in open source enterprise blockchain technologies. This broad-based involvement is what drives our expanding portfolio of open source projects, which are fully conceived, developed and advanced by the ever-growing Hyperledger community.”
Associate members joining this month include China Academy of Information and Communications Technology (CAICT), Ethereum Foundation and GS1 US.
“In a world where everything is connected, where transactions and information are instantly delivered and processed around the world, it is now crucial to adapt our rules of conduct – from analysis, preparation, production to consumption,” said Criss Boukoulou, CEO and co-founder of Gloscad. “Our main goal is to provide sustainable solutions to the most basic human needs. Hyperledger offers an opportunity to reinvent the agricultural model by building trust on the human level. As a general member, we look forward to contributing to this new ecosystem.”
And from Microsoft:
“Our journey in the blockchain ecosystem has brought us a long way, and now is the time for us to join the Hyperledger community,” said Marley Gray, Principal Architect, Blockchain Engineering at Microsoft. “We are proud of our contributions to such a diverse blockchain ecosystem, from our Azure service offerings and developer toolkits to our leadership in driving open specifications. We look forward to contributing to the community’s projects as well as initiating new ones based on emerging standards.”
“Blockchain is quickly becoming a foundational technology for organizations to deliver a truly connected customer experience,” said Adam Caplan, SVP, Emerging Technology, Salesforce. “Hyperledger has created a great blockchain community that we’re excited to learn from and be a part of.”
Hyperledger is an open source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry blockchain technologies. It is a global collaboration including leaders in finance, banking, Internet of Things, supply chains, manufacturing and Technology. The Linux Foundation hosts Hyperledger under the foundation. To learn more, visit https://www.hyperledger.org/.
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash – July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform – July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials – July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty – July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial – July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext – July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 – July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association – June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria – June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard – June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress – June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project – June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency – June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction – June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO – June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services – June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines – June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia – June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery – June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle – June 3, 2019
Also published on Medium.