Tarzan VR is on the way to headsets later this year in an episodic adventure.
The game is in production from Primordian creator Stonepunk Studios and will be published by Fun Train, with plans to release it episodically later this year for PlayStation VR, Valve Index, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift S.
The single player game based on the work of Edgar Rice Burroughs will let players embody the jungle-traversing titular character in “five open world environments, each offering its own unique set of geographical landscapes and challenges. Additionally, players will have access to unique Tarzan ‘jungle skills’ such as Call of the Wild, Earth Vision and Fish Eye,” according to a press release.
Call of the Wild
That means climbing, swinging, swimming and fighting across environments with different weapons and challenges in each. Tarzan VR’s creators are planning to release the project as five different “issues” starting late this year. The studio provided the following summaries for each segment of the story:
- Issue 1 – The Great Ape: Jane has been abducted by a group of invaders, and Tarzan must seek the
wisdom of The Great Ape in order to find the trail of her mysterious captors.
- Issue 2 – Jagged Edge: Tarzan begins his pursuit of Jane’s captors and must make his way across the dangerous
Cliffs of Kombatu where one misstep leads to certain doom.
- Issue 3 – The Dead of Night: As night draws in, the jungle swamp poses all manner of hidden dangers. Tarzan continues to pursue his quarry across the Sargos Swamps, and must face a familiar and deadly predator from a lost era.
- Issue 4 – Undertow: The secret gate to an undersea temple lays buried in the ocean depths. There is only ONE
way for Tarzan to continue his journey… straight down!
- Issue 5 – The Valley of Eden: In this grand finale, TARZAN MUST RALLY HIS ALLIES IN THE SHADOW OF AN ERUPTING VOLCANO! Only the strange fruit found in the heart of the Valley of Eden can save the life of Tarzan’s true love.
We’re looking forward to the chance to go hands-on with Tarzan VR.