Installing what you need
- mkdir <name of where i keep my bots> or in my case Bots
cd <name of where i keep my bots>
- Install nodejs , a node package manager which you can find here. Follow the installation steps honestly it is not that hard. Once installed type in node -v to see which version is installed. I have version v.10.9.0 yours should be this or later.
Install yeoman which you can do with npm install -g yo, you can find their web page here if you want to know more.
- After yeoman input npm install -g yo generator-botbuilder into the command line this should create a generator which is like a container containing everything you need for the bot framework .
- Then have yeoman call your bot builder for you with yo botbuilder .
- This should ask you a few questions such as
Enter a name for your bot. (mediumBot)
Enter a description. (Demonstrate the core capabilities of the Microsoft Bot Framework) type in your description
Choose the template to use. (Echo/core/ empty)
Thanks to the template, your project contains all of the code that’s necessary to create the bot in this quick-start. You won’t actually need to write any additional code.
6. Install Microsoft Bot Emulator this is what you will use to test your bot functions (whew finally we are kinda done setting up)