This blog is part of the Db2 for AI learning path.
IBM Db2 Warehouse on Cloud is a fully-managed, high performance, petabyte-scale cloud data warehouse that delivers true elasticity with independent scaling of storage and compute. It features a highly optimized columnar data store, actionable compression and in-memory processing to supercharge your analytics and machine-learning workloads. This code pattern uses IBM Db2 Warehouse on Cloud to store information coming from the frontend UI built using Angular and Node.js.
This code pattern uses IBM Db2 Warehouse on Cloud to create a web application using Node.js to create, update and delete records from the database. It also uses Angular to build a frontend UI to display, save, and update data–to and from–the Db2 Database. In addition, you’ll learn how to collect data into the database so it can be further used for various purposes to predict attributes using AI and run analytics on top of the stored data. This code pattern also contains instructions on connecting to a DB2 Database using docker.
After you’ve completed this code pattern, you’ll understand how to:
- Create IBM Db2 Warehouse on Cloud
- Create an application using Angular and Node.js to store information to IBM Db2 Warehouse on Cloud
- Build a frontend UI using Angular
- Create entities using IBM DB2 Warehouse on Cloud
- Create the schema and tables necessary for storing data in IBM Db2 Warehouse on Cloud.
- Node.js webapp uses node Db2 driver to connect to the database.
- Node.js app exposes the API to interact with IBM Db2 Warehouse on Cloud.
- An Angular frontend application collects home sales data and calls the API to store data to IBM Db2 Warehouse on Cloud.
Ready to put this code pattern to use? Complete details on how to get started running and using this application are in the README.
This code pattern showed you how to use IBM Db2 Warehouse on Cloud to create a web application using Node.js to create, update and delete records from the database. The code pattern is part of the Learning Path: Db2 for AI series. To continue the series and learn about Db2 for AI features, take a look at the next code pattern, Predict home value using Golang and in-memory database machine learning functions.