FITNESS GOES VIRTUAL NEXT MONTH AS BOXVR BOBS AND WEAVES INTO RETAIL
BoxVR will now be available in stores across North America for PlayStation®VR on Nov. 19
BoxVR’s high-intensity PlayStation®VR workouts are jabbing their way to North American retailers on Tuesday, Nov. 19, courtesy of Perp Games. Featuring vibrant graphics and energetic music, this boxing-inspired game keeps users bobbing and weaving in time to the beat for an intense, entertaining workout experience. BoxVR is available to pre-order for $29.99 through Amazon, GameStop and Target, and is coming soon to retailers including Best Buy.
Developed by FitXR, BoxVR challenges users of all fitness levels with high-intensity routines choreographed by professional instructors. Players can choose from 45 unique routines varying in length and intensity, or craft a custom workout of their own to best suit their needs.
The PlayStation VR retail version of BoxVR features:
- Professionally Designed Workouts – A team of leading fitness instructors are regularly consulted to produce a variety of revolving boxing workouts, specifically designed to destroy calories. From short three-minute warmups to 60+ minute endurance workouts, players will find everything needed to get their heart rates going;
- Customizable Routines – My Workouts mode allows players to create as many custom routines as they want, controlling the length of their workout by building playlists from the 110 included music tracks, and adjusting the intensity of any routine;
- Group Workouts – Getting in a workout can be easier with motivation from a buddy, so BoxVR supports multiplayer, allowing up to six people to tackle the same workout together, and see who can lock in the top score;
- Trackable Progress – Every workout is recorded, so players can track calories burned over time and see their progression made towards set goals;
- Musical Motivation – Over 100 different music tracks are available to customize the energy and tone of a workout, spanning genres including pop, rock, electronic dance music, drum and bass, hip hop, and more.
BoxVR is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. PlayStation®Camera and two PS®Move controllers required are required.
About Perp Games
Perp Games is a Video Game Publisher whose aim is to help developers, in any way possible, bring extraordinary and exciting games to market. Check out our website at www.perpgames.com
FitXR is breaking new ground in virtual fitness, helping to define the category with award-
winning games and services for all popular virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and mixed reality (MR) platforms as they become available. The company’s first fitness app, BoxVR, has won multiple awards and been described as “Guitar Hero crossed with a studio boxing workout.” FitXR is building a suite of pro-quality fitness games to give anyone, anywhere, the precise workout experience they want, whenever they want it.