Web-based platform for tokenising property ownership in the United States RealToken has sold USD $1 million in tokenised real estate on the Ethereum Blockchain.
The product, called RealT, allows investors around the world to earn dividends on a fractional basis from real estate for the first time. The project is integrated with Uniswap Exchange and can serve retail investors from more than 40 countries outside America such as Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Argentina.
At the end of 2019, the company behind RealToken called RealT also opened its doors to US accredited investors.
“We are very excited to be the first to sell $1 million worth of property on Ethereum. Tokenization creates a reality in which everyone becomes the landlord of the future,” says Remy Jacobson, CEO & Co-Founder of RealT in a press release.
“With RealT, investors of all kinds can take part in the real estate market on a fully compliant platform that offers all the advantages of the traditional real estate market.”
Investing in real estate and earning passive income has been seen by many as a luxury of the wealthy. RealT makes it possible to earn passive income on real estate that is fractionalized into affordable small shares, while streamlining the investment process, offering liquidity and cutting through the lengthy process and administrative requirements associated with the traditional real estate market.
Normally investors buy an entire property, barring purchasing REIT or other baskets of properties that typically have high fees and by tokenising real estate shares, RealT democratizes the industry.
RealT’s blockchain-powered platform also gives investors the legal rights and protections like the traditional real estate market. Ownership of each property listed on RealT’s platform is distributed across a finite number of tokens, specific to each property, called “RealTokens.”
Owners collect revenue from rent and, based on their number of tokens, vote on property decisions. RealT distributes the month’s rent into normalized daily payments, allowing property owners to immediately see a return on their investment. Properties listed on RealT’s platform are managed by a property management company, which sources tenants, collects rent, and manages repairs, so the diverse group of investors doesn’t have to.
Tenants pay rent in USD, which is then converted to DAI, a stablecoin pegged to the U.S. dollar, and sent directly to the Ethereum wallet owned by the investor. Through RealT, the money transfers are instant — no need to wait 30 days to receive a bank transfer. Rental income is normalized across the month, minus expenses. Fractional ownership democratizes access to real estate investment, distributing and minimizing risk, complications, and labour involved with owning property.
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum – March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic – March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application – March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering – March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture – March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology – March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? – March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government – March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work – March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million – March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations – March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network – March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion – March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel – March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs – March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games – March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange – March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management – March 25, 2020
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Launches Virtual Events to Connect Blockchain Community Amidst Global Coronavirus Pandemic – March 25, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Report Positive Results For Multiple Covid-19 Drug Candidates – March 25, 2020
Also published on Medium.