Created by the recent merger of TGF-beta RNA therapeutics developer Oncotelic and PoinTR – a cluster computer vision empowered blockchain company, a new immuno-oncology company Mateon has been created. Mateon is dedicated to the development of first in class RNA therapeutics and is particularly focussing on the development of OT-101, a TGF-Beta antisense drug candidate and a potential solution for the global Covid-19 outbreak.
Dr Vuong Trieu, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mateon stated:
“We are excited about our platform for rapid response against viral epidemics and look forward to working with GMP to further expand on that platform in the US and China.”
In a press release the team noted that OT-101 continued to show significant activity against coronaviruses and in the new testing results, two additional therapeutic oligonucleotides designed to target COVID-19 also demonstrated potent antiviral activity.
“The candidates were all designed to work synergistically to avoid resistant mutations frequently seen with viral infections. OT-101 and the other candidates work by inhibiting virus binding to its target, thereby stopping the virus from replicating itself and stopping viral-induced pneumonia, which often leads to patient complications. The results of the new studies came through joint efforts between Mateon and its partner, Golden Mountain Partners, LLC (GMP), which have teamed up to build an international world-class program for rapid response against COVID-19 and future epidemics.”
Mateon has begun preparations to submit an Investigational New Drug Application (IND) to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for OT-101 against COVID-19 to expedite testing in COVID-19 patients.
The collaborative effort was able to manufacture and test multiple new therapeutic drug candidates within weeks from the time of viral sequencing. The effort was built on the companies experience with the specific antisense backbone and its well-described safety profile. OT-101 is ready to move into clinical testing in COVID-19 patients and the new candidates can be ready shortly thereafter. The anti-sense program that Mateon has developed has the potential to go from concept to clinic in months, rather than years, which is highly suitable as a rapid response to pandemics.
The company’s self-immunization protocol (SIP©) is based on a novel and proprietary sequential treatment of cancers with OT-101 (antisense against TGF-β2) and chemotherapies. The use of OT-101 lifts the suppression of the patient’s immune cells around the cancer tissue, providing the foundation for effective initial priming, which is critical for a successful immune response. The subsequent chemotherapy results in the release of neoantigens that result in a robust boost of the immune response, which they feel could perhaps solve the bodies’ immune response to Covid-19.
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 – April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal – April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum – March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic – March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application – March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering – March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture – March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology – March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? – March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government – March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work – March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million – March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations – March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network – March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion – March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel – March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs – March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games – March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange – March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management – March 25, 2020
Also published on Medium.