Listed in: Blockchain Jobs.
Documentation at Protocol Labs and Filecoin
Engineering at Protocol Labs is not just about writing world-class code, it is also about documenting that code and making it easily usable by other projects in the open source decentralization community. Great documentation is much more than just an API reference and some tutorials. It is an entire end-to-end user journey, from a user’s first hearing of the Filecoin project, to checking out what it can do, to testing some examples and finally deciding whether Filecoin is suitable for their project or company.
As a Documentation Engineer at Protocol Labs you will…
- Devise a plan to document all aspects of Filecoin, including usage examples, conceptual documentation and specification writing
- Affect the lives of countless people you help bring into this community
- Work directly with software engineers and user researchers to understand the abstractions and interfaces that Filecoin offers to programmers, and document them in a way that helps programmers go from zero to expert in a step-by-step fashion.
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- Love to help people learn new technologies through writing, video creation, and other education methods
- Have experience building documentation for software libraries, where the end user is a downstream developer who will use the library in their own project
- Are comfortable reading source code and documenting it
- Understand the challenges of keeping documentation up to date with improvements in the code, and how to write just enough documentation to be helpful but not so much that the docs fall behind the state of the code
- Love writing English language prose, including technical documentation, tutorials and conceptual or explanatory documentation.
- Previous work experience as a software engineerExperience as an educator, educational writer and a demonstrated passion for helping people learn
- Experience with fully remote, distributed organizations
- Familiarity with decentralized building blocks (blockchain, DHTs, smart contracts, p2p networking, etc.)
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
Apply here 👉 Documentation Engineer job