Location: Portland, OR
Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
Coinbase, Inc. is seeking to bring on an MBA intern for the Customer Experience Operations team. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The company reserves the right to close this posting at any time due to demand.
As a Customer Experience Operations intern, you will have an opportunity to work with the Head of Global CX Ops and other leaders within the company to solve complex problems at scale. You will learn about the various dynamics of the cryptoeconomy and provide recommendations around delivering a world class experience to customers around the globe. By leveraging an analytical mindset and in-depth market research, you’ll be able to offer key business insights and recommendations that will feed into organizational strategy and decision-making.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Deep dive into the fast-paced world of cryptocurrency and the Coinbase product suite while gaining an understanding of how the market environment impacts operations and our customers
- Build relationships with CX Operations leadership and develop working knowledge around multiple functional areas including account safety, payments, fraud and compliance
- Perform market research across the competitive landscape, identifying areas of opportunities across different customer segments
- Aggregate quantitative and qualitative insights from internal teams and end users to scope solutions for complex problems
- Complete a capstone project and present findings and recommendations to the senior CX management team
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Passionate about Coinbase’s mission to create an open financial system for the world, as well as delivering world class customer experiences
- Motivated self starter with a positive attitude, a proactive mindset and excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong proficiency in data analysis, reporting and statistics
- Familiarity with customer tools including Salesforce, Adobe Experience Manager, etc.
- Interested in post-graduate opportunities in Operations, Strategy and/or Consulting
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available here: Ireland/EU , United Kingdom , and California . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.