We are searching for a talented, specialized Cryptographic Engineer to join our growing in-house cryptography team. You will work closely with the team leader, and directly with research, engineering and product management teams on our cryptographic projects. In this role you will be responsible for cryptographic implementations and their use.
IOHK is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position.
- Read and review cryptographic research papers and implement them as prototypes.
- Improve implementations of common cryptographic primitives and/or interface or translate them to other programming languages.
- Transform prototypes into production-level projects.
- Interact and coordinate with research, engineering and product management teams.
- A relevant degree such as computer science, software engineering, mathematics or a related technical discipline.
- A solid understanding of cryptography, its basic theories and uses.
- Understand and follow best engineering processes and practices.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of a functional programming language (preferably Haskell), and system languages (preferably Rust or C).
- Ability to translate specifications (eg, cryptography research papers and RFCs) into working code.
If this sounds like the type of exciting new challenge you are looking for, we’d love to hear from you.