We are searching for a Software Test Engineer to join our outstanding Quality Assurance team. You will be working on one of our most exciting projects – Cardano – and taking responsibility for designing software tests, planning, scripting and execution for all releases to the platform. In this role you will have influence over functions such as development, project management and networking, working across the software development life cycle, to execute test iterations, track and report on results, take the lead on troubleshooting, and coordinate defect resolution. You will play a key role in development projects and be responsible for ensuring that software runs smoothly and meets client needs. This role will suit someone who is very self-motivated and proactive with outstanding problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
IOHK is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Team distribution for this role means we are ideally searching for someone in EU time zones.
- Work within development teams to ensure that code is sufficiently tested and that test coverage is extensive.
- Use various technologies to implement and encourage an ‘automation first’ approach to quality.
- Promote a strong focus on quality throughout all stages of the SDLC (ie, software quality as a discipline)
- Research and develop tools and methods to continuously improve our product and process quality.
- Analyze all aspects of product quality (eg, functionality, security, robustness, and performance) and ensure they are always of the highest standard.
We are searching for someone who has extensive experience in testing, ideally five years or more, and preferably including performance and security testing. Some other great things that you could bring to IOHK are:
- Solid experience in test automation.
- Proven ability and a drive to learn new technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment (Scrum or Kanban).
- Expertise in libraries, tools and procedures for the execution and automation of various types of tests (eg, unit tests, property tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests, UI tests, performance tests, stress tests, fault tolerance tests).
- Experience with a functional programming language such as Haskell would be advantageous, but we will also consider experience with Python, Java or C#.
- Blockchain experience is advantageous but relevant technical experience will also be considered.
Experience with some or all of the following:
- Virtualization – VMware, Hyper-V
- Continuous integration (CI)
- Continuous deployment (CD)
- Cloud platforms – AWS, Azure
- Performance and security testing
- Distributed systems and networking.
If this sounds like the type of exciting new challenge you are looking for, we’d love to hear from you.