In this developer code pattern, unstructured data consisting of product reviews and customer surveys is imported into Cognos Analytics from Watson Discovery. The customer data also indicates the sentiment toward the products surveyed. This data can then be displayed on the Cognos® Analytics dashboard.
To leverage the voice of the customer to drive business results, companies need to leverage AI to gain actionable insights from sentiment, emotion, concepts and key words mentioned in customer feedback. Much of the important data a customer wants to share can already be found. It exists in public forums, blogs, social media posts, and chat logs with customer representatives. The challenges to leveraging this information has historically been the unstructured nature of it. Today though, we have AI and services like Watson™ Discovery that can be trained to aggregate, enrich, and help surface key customer insights. This code pattern shows how you can visualize unstructured data from Watson Discovery in Cognos Analytics for product performance analysis.
You will import unstructured data consisting of product reviews and customer surveys into Cognos Analytics from Watson Discovery. The customer data also indicates the sentiment toward the products surveyed. This data can then be displayed on the Cognos Analytics dashboard. Combining Cognos Analytics with Discovery, clients will:
- Get early warning of trends based on customer feedback.
- Address escalating customer interactions with early intervention.
- Target the right customers with the right products and the right marketing.
- Know where to invest in your business to drive revenue and customer adoption.
- Get to the root cause of churning customers.
- Identify actions to increase your NPS or other customer satisfaction metric.
The theme of this code pattern is built around data for a small coffee manufacturer that sells its products in local markets. The data will consist of reviews and ratings for its different coffee flavors.
- Product review data is loaded into Watson Discovery for enrichment. Results include sentiment analysis and keyword discovery.
- User runs Cognos Analytics.
- Data files are loaded directly into Cognos Analytics.
Find the detailed steps for this pattern in the README file. The steps will show you how to:
- Clone the repo
- Create your Watson Discovery service
- Configure Watson Discovery
- Add service credentials to environment file
- Run scripts to generate data
- Build a data module in Cognos Analytics
- Create a Cognos Analytics dashboard
- Add visualizations to the dashboard
- Update data module
- Visualize the impact product reviews have on sales